About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Jan 4, 2011

Wind Through My Hair


Well through my helmet at least. Finally jumped on the bike and rode to work leaving the gas guzzler at home. I have been making excuses, sleeping in, needed to drive, rain, anything really to sub-consciously avoid riding to work. But a decent hiking pack for all my gear and repairs done after my crash left me no more excuses and as soon as I got on the bike and started down the hill the exhilaration was great. I know sometimes you put off doing things because you think negatively about it but as soon as you start the activity etc you love it. Despite struggling up the hills, hampered by lack of time on the bike and also the tailings of a cold swirling around my lungs (significant amounts now lying in the grass surrounding the bike path), I still enjoyed my first ride in months.

Yesterday after a positive start to the day, the usual happened. Put off going to the gym because I had to "work". Failed that test. Went to the shops and didn't buy any extra crap I didn't need. Passed that test. Got home earlyish and after some initial positive discipline I dived into biscuits, cashews and lollies. Failed that test. Another long night infront of the TV despite my initial plan for the night led to a late night soft drink and a sleep in. Several other tests failed.

After seeing this pattern once again I realise that my weakness for everything is low in the afternoon. To reset this pattern I therefore need to limit my exposure to the trigger items and events. Things such as returning home early, not eating my afternoon snack before digging into the bad foods, poor stress management etc. So my plan is to try and not be at home between the hours of 1pm and 5:30pm, even on weekends as this is the trouble area. Better day today, got to finish it well. Alpha and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment