About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Dec 12, 2010

The Perfect Day...


...for my diet anyway. Yesterday was the first day I think ever that I've been able to stick to my diet plan with no strays to the dark side of food. Not even too many cups of tea, biscuits or lollies which usually I usually fall for. What I did was see every pang for bad food or every weak situation as a test. Test one was going shopping for my diet supplies. Usually this results in at least one fat purchase such as chocolate of chips. Test One, Check! Test two was watching TV without a snack where I usually grab a handful of lollies. This took a lot of mind power but nonetheless, Test Two, Check! Accompanying this technique was punishment exercise. Whenever I got a pang for fatty, sugary foods I had to do 10 push-ups or sit-ups, hopefully this will Pavlovian train me that the thought of "bad" food triggers a response to exercise. Two years of psychology becoming useful!

My powerful prevention of consuming extra food yesterday showed me that I really want the result and also that it was possible for me to stick to a strict diet. Just need to get exercise going and I'll be set. Alpha and Out!

(pic from http://www.bakersfederation.org.uk/images/healthy%20eating%20plate%20small.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment