About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Aug 9, 2010

Pumping it Out!


Have just returned from a gym/bike ride. For the first time I got off my backside and rode to the gym instead of car-ing it. Sounds like a reasonable idea no doubt. Except when I mention I set off at 9pm and didn't return until 11pm with a threatening of rain. Still was really good work up for the gym and work down afterwards. Hopefully I can continue this cycling trend tomorrow morning to and from work. The 50min return bike ride allowed me to focus more on pumping weights, which I find a lot more enjoyable. Tonight was upper body. From now on I am going back to basics. The first time I used gym to lose weight was in 2007 while attempting to build myself back up from a shoulder reconstruction to play rugby. There I got to the gym in the mornings, alternated between upper and lower body. While it probaly helped that I was doing intense First XV training 3 days a week and cricket/ cross country 5 days a week later in the year, it is still something that will continue to motivate me and give me a break from cardio, cardio, cardio.

Diet today was again iffy, missed brekky, had a good sized lunch and a decent sized dinner but still room to improve. Hopefully monetary constraints will be relaxed in the near future and I will be able to supply my diet that I want to follow i.e. high protein but I got to do the best I can until that date. Overall feeling very good in the world at the moment. Alpha and Out!

(picture from http://www.bennadel.com/resources/uploads/arnold_schwarzenegger_in_pumping_iron.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment