About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Sep 6, 2011

Beatin' The Tuesday Blues

Hells yea I did. Finally Tuesday did not end in a crap-fest of TV and food followed by sleep-ins and a disrupted Wednesday. I went for a Pursuing Prime Perfection day to top it off and help ensure I kept myself on track. It went right down to the wire but an evening snooze came in the way of calling it. I know a snooze is not the worst thing in the world and that since I had been up since 4am it was definitely needed but it simply just takes the icing off the cake and I couldn't call it perfect.

The change in schedule of rest days etc has worked well so far particularly yesterday. It started up nice and early with a 4 am start to have breakfast and prepare for the day. Jumping on the bike through cold but not freezing temperatures (copped that today on the ride in) I rode to the gym and smashed out a solid session. The session consisted of a warm up, 45 minutes spinning on the exercise bike, shoulder and arm weights and then a warm down. I was happy with the session and it proved to be a bumper start to the day. The day at Uni went well and included plenty of preparation for an impending exam as well as a decent presentation of an assignment. I went home and crashed. Slammed down the family meal and within 15 minutes I was out cold on the couch. This ended up being a 3 hour snooze. I woke up feeling pretty good but instead of just moving to the bed like I used to, I had the foresight to pack my bag and prepare for tomorrow (another 4am start to the Gym) as this always helps me rise in the morning- all I have to do is eat breakfast and get dressed and then I'm on my way.

Whilst the schedule change has been going great so far I think I need to rethink Monday sleep-in. The snoozing left me groggy and lethargic. Perhaps it could involve a later then normal rise at say 6 am, breakky and some study and then a mid morning snooze instead rather than the solid block. I will think more about it until the next one. Alpha and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment