About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Aug 19, 2011

I Hit It, I Hit It Good

A mere day after running the Zone I ran smack, bang into a big, bloody, brick wall. The wall is another sports psych term explaining when the endurance athlete suddenly loses energy and momentum. His legs become leaden, the air becomes thick and hot, the solid ground become a muddy bog sucking down each leg as you pedal, run or swim. And damn today I hit the wall harder then ever before.

I hit it good and furthermore I'm even happier that I was able to be in a position to hit said wall. A mere month ago I would not be able to reach that point in the road. It occurred while on my first large bike ride from Brisbane City around the Mt Cotton area. I managed to keep up with my mate but on the return leg, riding along the freeway, a baking sun, simmering bitchuem and cramping and sore legs all added up to the brick wall. But besides the last couple of k's it felt awesome to be out in the open , riding freely, cranking some solid speed, enjoying the descents and attacking the hills. It was a great start to my experience in long range riding. Let's keep the Perfection rolling, Alpha and Out! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment