About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Aug 30, 2011

It Aint About How Hard You Can Hit

"let me tell you something you already know, the world aint all sunshine and rainbows, it's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently and keep you there if you let it. You, me or nobody is gonna hit harder than life, but it ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward, that's how winning is done! Now if you know what your worth go out and get what your worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits and not point fingers saying you ain't where you want to be because of him,or her or anybody, Cowards do that and that Ain't YOU! Your better than that!"
Sly Stallone in Rocky Balboa.

Sly copped a lot of hate from his 6th Rocky movie but, damn, he sure packed a punch in that scene. I challenge you to hit YouTube up and not be moved by that scene.

I have been listening to that scene on repeat this morning after blowing an assessment item in one of my courses. I didn't study and it will show. I have been attending the majority of my courses but truthfully I have simply been coasting. I have been planning to get up early to study but sleep in. I will get all pumped up about studying, exercising and living but then when I return home I crawl into bed and eat shit and watch crap. I believe it is a side effect of the last days of the "dark ages", a coping mechanism whenever the slightest bit of pressure arises. Luckily though this weakness is only really potent for about 24 hours a week, from mid Tuesday afternoon til Wednesday afternoon. I have come in leaps and bounds in the last couple of months reducing this time to one day but my journey again comes to the crossroads. It is time to develop some true grit. Some deep ingrained discipline to carry me through pressure.

I was once like a pressure cooker. I would just absorb the pressure, soak it up, actively pursue it in fact because that pressure drove me to produce tender meat from gristle. However I reached critical mass and developed cracks. I have now been healing for months now. The true grit is needed to complete the healing, to fill the cracks. And I believe I am a mere month away from being a fully functional pressure cooker once more however I've got to be able to take the hits to fully ensure my integrity.

I think the reason why the last 24 hours is always difficult for me is because I go flat strap on the weekends and subconsciously or consciously believe I need a day or two to just relax and sleep in. I resisted for much longer yesterday before caving into temptation than ever before and it is definitely becoming a two steps forward, one step back pattern. Such a recurring pattern forces me to reconsider the structure of my week especially when I have my fully rested day which means no cycling, no gym. This is something I'm going to consider during work and then I will post my renewed plan of attack. Down day but ain't nothing I can't respond to, Let's Go! Alpha and Out BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment