About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Aug 18, 2011

Mental Thorns Can Be Crushed

Less than 4 hours sleep last night after finishing work late and an early morning lecture resulted in my mind trying to knock me off my perch. I was tired, worn down physically but mentally I was pumping with positivity. Such was this positivity that I overcame my physiological weariness and actively attended all 3 lectures today, hit the majority of my study goals before crashing late afternoon.

However throughout this period my physiology was crying out for attention, it did not like being shunned and over-powered. It was saying screw this you tired you can catch up on those lectures later, study can wait, you done good this week you deserve a reward. I call these mental thorns. They are simply subconscious thoughts trying to entangle you to protect it from change. The body hates change. In fact a great deal of my studies in science are associated with mechanisms to avoid change and return to "comfortable" levels. These mental thorns are protective, they're just trying to keep you comfortable. But the key to mediocrity is the realistic while the key to success and greatness is the unrealistic. The unrealistic has led to all modern phenomenas such as airplanes, mobile phones even basic western staples electricity and tap water were unrealistic concepts before some came and CHANGED their view from what was unrealistic to what was realistic and engaged in activities to persuade others of this view change. So while mental thorns are protective and natural to the body they inhibit the new, exciting and beneficial mental processes required to succeed. So crush them thorns and achieve your dreams. Damn this is a good post, now I'm gonna go practice what I preach, let's do it, Alpha and Out! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment