About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Aug 14, 2011

Perfection Is My Reward

I found myself in a familiar position today. After the rampaging success of yesterday I walked into the kitchen for morning snack time. Goodies peered out at me from every corner. Jatzs, brown and golden. Cheese yellow and moist. Cashews salty and satisfying. Upon sight of my previous vices an unwelcome voice chimed in. "You had a great day yesterday, you deserve a reward," Hello, Awkward, old friend. Along with the voice the cravings gripped my mind. But I pushed forward, grabbed some kiwi fruit, filled up my protein shake and sat down to read the paper. I cut up the kiwi fruit, which I find helps increase the perception of large quantity due to longer time and sipped my shake. Upon finishing the snack, the voice chimed in again. "Come on, you know your still hungry, just a couple of jatz won't hurt?" Usually I have no support in such situations and cave in. But this time another powerful, booming voice chimed in. "Are you really hungry?"
"But you deserve a Reward,"
"The perfection of yesterday was the reward!". Alpha wins.

Yesterday's pursuit of perfection was a resounding success. I hit all my diet targets, study targets, made it to the gym and coped well at work. And as I knew would happen my mind and body worked along smoothly despite only 4 hours sleep and a large exercise load. I also found it very helpful tweeting my thoughts, cravings and happenings throughout the day. The perception that people will be able to track my progress throughout the day helped hold me to task. Also I now have a minute by minute, almost, of the positivity perfection gives back. My mindset was full of positive thoughts, feeling I could accomplish anything, create anything, complete anything. It was intoxicating.

So intoxicating in fact, I am continuing it today!

Alpha and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment