About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Jun 13, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board


After yet another late week sabotage the long weekend was perfect to reanalyse what I am doing right and what I need to improve on. I have spent the weekend both vegging and thinking about how to improve my weight loss position ad my overall general well-being. My thoughts are as follows;

-The new protein diet worked well and was relatively easy to follow and deserves to be stuck with
- I need to duplicate the conditions of a Sunday to recreate the enormous drive I get at the start of the week to help prevent the late week decline. I think I will designate Wednesday a rest day and will relax my dietary constraints for that day and see how this works.
- One of the aspects of the Alpha male that I want to embody is explosive speed particularly on the footy field I therefore am going to introduce "Speed Saturdays" where all my activities are focused around speed and making me faster. This will be the focus of tomorrows post outlining why speed is important to me and how I plan to get it.
- I am going to schedule my gym sessions to 10am to solve both the quiet gym I love as well as getting good/better sleep. To do this I plan to get into work early, work for a couple of hours then go to the gym for a big session then come back to work and then work later. Will see how this approach works. Its potential is far greater then the before, after or late sessions

Hopefully these changes will put me back on track and further to my goal of fulfilling the transformation from Awkward to ALPHA!

A2A Quote of the Week

"You will be motivated to the degree that you give your dreams and motivations a leading role in the story of your life,"

Scott Smith, MotivationToMove.com

A2A Tip Of the Week

Don't be afraid to schedule another rest day mid week if you struggle at the end of the week. Most people peak at the start and slowly decline. By having a rest day mid week you help prevent this decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment