About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Jun 7, 2010

Pumping With Protein


Had my first day of the 5 week diet plan from the May edition of Muscle and Fitness. After an excellent brekky where I just about mastered the cooking of a great omelete, I struggled through the remainder of the day. I think my body will take a couple of days to get used to the low carb diet. However on the upside whenever I felt really lethargic it was already time for a meal. This has generally been the case whenever I have tried to diet, proof that I can survive the diet. However it has already produced results losing a good 400-500grams today. Felt great in the morning, the omelette was satisfying but didn't leave me bloated or lethargic like a bowl of cereal or toast would in similar proportions. Unfortunately circumstances prevented my having a post workout shake as it was locked in the office. Also slightly annoying was the large plate full of carbs that threw out a great deal of the diet for dinner, in future this willl not be a problem as I will be home to serve it myself. Overall a 6/10 for the overall diet today but expect that to ramp right up when my body gets used to it.

Exercise today was another strong Monday. Decent gym session, cut short due to time. Then raced off to Oztag where I had a cracker of a game defensively and really enjoyed a more permanent role in dummy half. All the cardio I have been doing seems to be paying off as I am lasting at full pace a lot longer and recovering from bursts faster then a month or so ago. A great start to the week, Alpha and Out!

(image from http://bouillie.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/p7050700.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment