About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Jun 1, 2010

Early Morning? No, After Work? No, Night Sesh? Hell Yea


These were the three options that I went through today as when I would go to the gym. I know I have posted about flexibility before but I still believe it is essential. Too much flexibility can be extremely hazardous to discipline and mental strength but just enough helps prevent from an utter collapse such as a week long blow-out or a week with out exercise. Enough flexibility helps build a person up rather than inhibiting them by providing a scaffolding to catch them when they slip or fall. This was very clear when I arrived home from Oztag last night with a very sore shoulder. Now if I had gone the NO Flexibility road I might have tried to get up and drag myself to the gym but failed and gone back to sleep wrecking my day and destroying my self confidence. Instead I was considerate and decided I would give it more time to recover and get myself to work early so I could do an session after work. Having a long meeting disrupted that and instead of spiraling down I stood back, breathed and said "Ok, no dramas, I can just go at my favourite time anyway, the night shift" And now I feel great and because I feel n control I will go to the gym and have an excellent session.

Today was a very productive day. Achieved a lot at work, diet was perfect, I have not done the calculations but it is definately under 2000cals and my dinner was definately closer to 500-600cals much better than the large 1000cal serve on Monday. Exercise will be ok but this is no drama as I am nursing a injury so it doesn't intensify. All good in the Hood, Alpha and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment