About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Jun 28, 2010

Dump and Burn


Last week started with an awesome 18 hours or so. Waking up at the right time, good diet and excellent gym session where I pumped out a full intense cardio session along with a greatupper body weights session. Was really looking forward to a good game of oztag but unfortunately we were short on players and had a lot of newbies to work with. This means a lot more running in general and running after breaks. While turning and rocketing off towards one such break I felt a dreaded Twang! I had done my hamstring again. Luckily I got off earlier and rested or else it would have been much more painful.

From this point on my week slowly declined to a chaotic river Styx. The river picked me up and pulled me under throwing off all my exercise regime, dietary regime and completely throwing me out of whack. I was missing even little simple things like walking the dog and brushing my teeth. This pattern has continued to flow until midday today.

I managed to drag myself to shore by going shopping and getting the components of my diet that I was missing. The positive of the last week arose today because as soon as I got my food set I felt like I was back on track with everything. This shows how reliant I have become on following my desired diet that it has the power to throw me off completely or draw me back in. I take this as a positive because I can now realise a good tactic to pull myself out of a hole, correct my diet. You see, every lesson, good or bad, will teach you something good. Feeling a hell of a lot better than upon waking this morning. I need to "dump and burn" those negative feelings and emotions from last week and use it to take off at even greater speeds. Take Off Begins Now, Alpha and Out!

(image from http://images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/264/800/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_113079.jpg)

1 comment:

  1. Finally a new post! haha. I've been looking forward to one since I've been over here in the US. I need to keep updated!

    ReplyDelete