About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Jun 4, 2010

Play It Again, Sam


I couldn't sleep last night due to my couch nap. After going through a DVD I flicked it over to the TV and came across Aussie Sam Stosur's semi-final (which she smashed through in straight sets). Now Stosur has come on in leaps and bounds since recovery from illness and she has a set of guns on her that would make most men proud. Now I was thinking about all the effort she would've had to put into her arms to get them like that and now she is able to reap the rewards. This led to me thinking about the pwoer of getting fit for a particular sport has on your training. Rather than vanity, health or lifestyle reasons, I believe and I think all the elite athletes out there would agree, that having a specific sport to train for really keeps the motivation up. My specific sport is triathlons which I took up last year with some decent results before I fell away. I would love to be playing rugby or have a crack at league or AFL but unfortuneatly my shoulder is just not up to the demands of those sports. So really put some thought into acquiring a specific sport or even compettition to add to your motivation for your work outs

Today was another pretty good day capped of with a return to the gym tonight. A large breakky and dinner were of minor concern while the dinner gave me a bit of reflux at the gym I was happy to have just gone and have kept on track for my weekly goal of 5 gym sessions. Pumped for the weekend, another chiller I think. Have a good one and go Sammy Stosur for Saturdays final, Alpha and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment