About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Mar 8, 2010

When does a business become a cult?

After watching a Four Corners program on Scientology, I write this filled with dread. Why does Western Society constantly produce people who deem themselves as Gods and worst of all people follow them? Perhaps the human condition requires people to inactively seek out struggle and hardship. People are struggling to eat in many countries while people in western society, myself included sit at home in a comfy chair on a computer surfing the internet. And yet some must not be able to have a calm life and seek out a way to cause them hardship, mostly at financial cost to themselves. In relation to Scientology it is nothing more then a glorified cult. They run their cult like a business, hire the right people, pay their employees the minimum to maximise profit. I can fully understand why people join, they might be depressed or just dont seem to fit in and they seek people who accept them whether geniuely or falsifily. This is how skinheads and other major cults recruit, they prey on the weak. No religion should prey on the week they should lift up the weak and the poor as most other religions do. And worst of all no religion should require payment to "progress" spiritualy. All other prophets from Jesus to Buddha to Mohammed all give up their own possesions. To me Scientology is a cult formed for a struggling writer to sell his sci-fi books.

On a lighter note I began for real today. Still having trouble waking up at 4, did not exercise today but had decent portion control so overall a decent day. Still struggling to find work which is really riding on my nerves. I think tomorrows post will cover how to pick yourself up. Look forward to read it!

And so in line with cults this weeks quote will be a Simpsons favourite:

"Oh look Marge another bean that looks like the Leader," Homer Simpson

Weekly Tip:

Write all your various fitness goals on 3x5 inch cards and review 2-3 times a day, visualizing the goal completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment