About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Mar 18, 2010

Yau Racka da disiprane


Or "You lack the discipline" pinching a line from South Park to kick of this post on self discipline. I have recently identified my lack of self-discipline as costing me off my goals and energy. I need better self-discipline for the following areas in particular; 1. Food (proper dieting not binging) 2. Making sure I exercise daily 3. Making sure I complete what I plan the night before 4. Waking up at the time I set not snoozing. To find some tips was not difficult, a quick google and I had many sites and book suggestions. Here is some of the wisdom of the online kind.


From ineedmotivation.com they suggest practise makes perfect, goal setting, identifying and riding of bad habits, finishing what you start, ignore negative influences and suggest sport teams and activities as great pathways for discipline improvement. From ryanwhite.com he suggest the book Self Discipline in 10 Days. I intend to source and read this book in the near future, heres one of his tips if you want to do something while doing something else- State out loud what you want to be doing as if your actually doing it. also ask yourself if your confounded by fear "What is the worst that could happen" most of the time you will answer "not much". use a motivation card with 3 motivational things on it e.g. quotes, goals etc. increasebrainpower.com suggests finding energy and motivational boosters such as energy and making a list of what works also says to consider the rewards of self discipline if tempted to be undisciplined.

Hope some of this helps. Alpha and Out!
Photo from: hoopie1-inthelandoftheblind.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment