About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

May 21, 2010

Ain't Gonna Keep Me Down


Sweat drips down a furrowed brow. He wipes away the drop. Looking up he takes in the crowd in the grandstand. He is 110 meter hurdler. It is not the Olympics but it is never the less an important meet. The "take your marks" is called. He drops down and springs into position. 3......2....1....BANG. He rockets off. His main competitor is two lanes across and his other three lanes in the other direction. He gets to 3/4's, taking a quick glance he is winning. He comes to the last hurdle. Jumps up, somethings feels weird but he doesn't think about it. Flying through the air he is suddenly stopped in his tracks. Crash...he plumments into the ground, his foot catching the hurdle. All his competitors speed past, he looks down. Realising this is temporay set back and not the Olympics he picks himself up and sprints home. Not exactly record pace but at least he finished.

This story is a great metaphor for my day and week. Have had an action packed week, flat out at work, almost "too" perfect diet, renewed focus at the gym. The "Win" was in sight, being under 90kgs. But unfortunately I too fell and had a big binge this afternoon. Having no one home to act as a conscious I got stuck into a number of things, chocolate, ice cream, pasta, biscuits. Now usually I would resign myself to not going to the gym and fall asleep in bad mental state. However like our metaphorical hurdler I managed to pick myself up and wrench myself to the gym were I battle the inevitable reflux and powered through a fairly decent session. This is good I can see improvements even in my struggles. Up and Upper, Alpha and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment