About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

May 18, 2010

Stop Kidding Yourself


After reading an article in Mens Fitness (a great publication) I have finally realised that my exercise program really is not designed to meet my goals. My goals specifically being fat loss are not being adequately addressed by my routine which effectively is a routine attempting to stack on the kilograms of muscle. In theory if I did all exercise I wanted, including the 1 hour of cardio a day it would not be such a problem but at the moment I am struggling to get eve 1 hour at the gym let alone cardio. I need to stop kidding myself and rework the program. Since I do not want to beckon a rake I think I am going to structure it 70% cardio to 30% weights, giving me the ability to at least maintain muscle while I loose the weight.

Yesterday, was a pretty good day, I did not make it to the gym but sort out some other things that needed to be done on my Apple (yes, it did suck me in, wrecking my intentions of exercise). They needed to be done for the better working of me so I am not too concerned about missing gym. My diet was actually too good last night only consuming about 1200 cals, which took the impact of not working out but was too low, however it further justifies that I can function well on a low cal diet. Will attempt to address the issue today. Alpha and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment