About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

May 17, 2010

The Forgiving Flexibility


I believe the ability to be flexible is essential to striving towards any goal, dream or aspiration. Life will always through you curve balls, it's what makes it interesting. The successful people are the people who are readily flexible and adaptive to all of those curve balls. Flexibility also offsets stress hence it is very forgiving.

I am slowly developing this flexibility. The whole of today was filled with many such opportunities. First off the morning chill was too much and combined with a late night and lack of preparedness I slept in rather than go to the gym. Instead of getting really frustrated and annoyed as I would have before this time I took it in stride and decided to go after oztag at my normal time. The second such incident occurred during oztag. While going for a tag, I jarred my thumb pretty bad (it is still very sore and swollen). Now before this would throw off my gym session as it was an arms and chest night where I needed to be able to grip. Before I would just call it a write off and go home. Now though, I just switched around my week schedule and did a legs session, hopefully will be able to do arms and chest tomorrow. Both of these incidents could have left me where I started when I woke up. I would have got frustrated which could've led to a blow-out and no exercise. However instead, taking it in stride, the day while busy was very rewarding and a generally good day. On the Up tomorrow I'm sure. Alpha and Out!

A2A Weekly Quote:

"Lord don't move that mountain, simply give me the strength to climb it!"

Sung in a chorus in the movie The Pursuit of Happyness, really resonating with my flexibility message.

A2A Weekly Tip:

There is always time, so if you slept in instead of going to the gym as you planned, don't panic there is always time, the session can be during your lunch break, after work, after dinner or on another day. Simply take it in stride!

No comments:

Post a Comment