About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Mar 20, 2011

Dangle those Carrots


While reading the book, The Game by Neil Strauss about Neil's experience's in the pick-up artist community a off the cuff comment by one of the people in the book really caught my eye and captured my imagination. After this person recovered from a breakdown he came out with life goals set and used the phrase "I've got the right carrots dangling". These carrots were his goals in life dangling in front of him ready to be grabbed and eaten. This has allowed me to attempt to gain focus again and rework or restate my most important goals. This process always seems to get my motivation burning and my head in a good state. After another slow, bed-ridden weekend, I was definitely in need of a couple of carrots to dangle. I will put my important goals in the side bar in the near future.

Today with those carrots dangling away I made some head way. Got out of bed albeit after a sleep-in, did some goal setting, job searching and exercise with my Oztag bike ride still to come. I even did some GAMSAT study such was I fired up. Along with this for the first half of the day I did my only liquids and fruit diet to prepare my body to resume the low cal diet that I had blown out of the water over the weekend. Keep those Carrots dangling, Alpha and Out!

(Pic from http://www.mysahana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/carrots.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment