About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Mar 18, 2011

Unintentional Exercise

Waking up Saturday morning after a dodgy weight loss end to the week, I jumped on the scalls to reveal a loss of more than kilo from last weigh-in. I was pleasantly surprised. In my head I had had a couple of binges and little to no exercise. But after really thinking about it the binges were balanced out by little consumption for the remainder of the day and the exercise level was maintained by unintentional exercise such as walking. Carefully examining yesterday revealed I walked for probably 3 hours.

This clearly shows the power of mind to distort your true progress and push your progress further back. I experimented this week without daily weigh-ins before the "official" Sunday weigh-in. I did this after noticing when I put on weight overnight, due largely to water retention or similar as opposed to weight gain, I would make this a self fulfilling prophecy and it would wreck the days and often the weeks weight-loss goal. However it became quite the opposite, when I lost my constant track of progress, my mind wandered away from my goals and I lost focus completely often leading to binges and inactivity. So bring back the weigh-in's and resume the journey, Alpha and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment