About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Mar 23, 2011

The Defining Moments - The Moments of Weakness

The defining moments of life sadly, the defining moments occur when you are weakest, when the darkness takes hold and you reside in the muck of the depths. This is not meant to be a doom 'n' gloom post however it is the position I found myself in on Tuesday night. In the blink of an eye I had downed a dinner of about 1300 cals. Then in the next blink I had sat myself in front of the TV and was absorbed until 2:00am. This resulted in a poor Wednesday with a big sleep in and poor nutrition.

Well, now that I've got the doom and gloom out of the way, those weak moments are also moments of clarity and susceptibility to inspiration. My inspiration exploded out of the sea of commercial TV while surfing the waves of its trash. It was a documentary of my hero Martin Luther King Jr. Unfortunately it was a documentary of his final hours as his life was ripped out of existence by an insane lunatic. However just hearing him speak in his lustrous, powerful voice was enough to inspire me from my depths, at least temporarily. It has lead me to download some of his speeches and incorporate it some how into my day in form of a alarm clock to wake up to or simply a soundtrack to pump me up in a precaution before the weak moments. Gotta a lotta work to get me back on track, lets get down to it, Alpha and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment