About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Apr 20, 2010

Catch You on The Rebound


Had an average day today including my first blowout in almost a fortnight. I had relaxed my ban on watching TV alone and therefore had a snack attack craving. To make things worse I did not make it too the gym today either. On the up-side my focus has returned to make up for it tomorrow. I am going to address the following tings tomorrow to;


  • I need to develop a daily routine and stick with it, difficult at the momment for various reasons but need to think of something.

  • I need to return my blanket ban on watching TV alone

  • I need to find something that I do when I want to relax and switch down the gears instead of watching TV.

  • Need to follow my own advice regarding noting food cravings rather than giving into them

Most importantly I need to have a big day tomorrow to make up for today. A great quote I came across today reflects my position perfectly. " A bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn" Well today I grinded up against the road barrier, I need to refocus and put the turn into action. Up and Upper! Alpha and Out!

2 comments:

  1. My man, you have to be a bit more lenient on yourself. TV is a fine distraction/relaxation activity, but what you have to is ensure you don't fall victim to your snacking habits. I would suggest something like doing bridges, situps or even pushups in front of the tv. You will be too knackered after a decent session to do anything but sit and not fall asleep. How is your cardio going? Are you doing a daily run? 45 mins a day should be a minimum, if your trying to cut weight like you are. How about your diet? It would be more beneficial to do exercise on near empty stomach in the morning. Perhaps after having your honey water drink? Full of glycogen, you would have enough energy to start off, then the fat burning will begin. Additionally, you have to ensure your doing 6 meals a day at least. That's an important and beneficial technique for weight loss. It also keeps your metabolism constant, because a continuously low calorie diet will force your body into a starvation mode, eventually inhibiting weight loss. Just a couple of things to think about matey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate, will try the TV thing tonight. Have been aiming for 6 meals a day of roughly same cals. Have been having sleep problems and so been sleeping in and not having morning runs which I am trying to rectify. Cheers mate some good tips there

    ReplyDelete