About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Apr 2, 2010

Going Cold Turkey!


While not life-threatening or inhibiting I am suffering from an addiction. This addiction is not smoking, drinking and sadly not exercise addiction. It is being addicted to watching the Television! After another couple of days with blowouts I looked back and one factor remained the same. Watching TV. The problem is that I am watching hours and hours of tv a week which takes time away from other things I could be doing. However the most worst thing is that with the TV comes the binge snacking seriously impedeing my weight loss. I believe I would weigh much less if I lived in a TV free zone. So this week I am going to ban watching television alone. I will continue this until I can feel safe I can start watching again and have the will to not snack and turn the tv off.


Although I have had a couple of days of blowouts there has been many positives from the past couple of days and I am ready for the remaining 70 odd days to my weight goal.


  • Discovered the power of calorie counting

  • Developed a daily checklist so that I can complete acts

  • Realised that I need to pry my self from TV

  • I now hold a much more positive outlook

  • That I can exercise with my glasses on even if it does annoy me to tears

It can only go up from here, Alpha and Out!

(image from fx.worth1000.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment