About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Apr 23, 2010

How Do You Relax? Really Think About It


I was recently asked what I do to relax, have some down time and revive. My go to was TV but since I was having problems with snacking in front of the TV I had to think of another way to relax. Sadly, I couldn't. I am 20 years old and I can't think straight off the top of my head how I relax. This needed some though put into it. After a couple of days of thinking about it I have come up with the following ways I relax.


  • TV- the big one, trouble with snacking though

  • Kayak fishing with mates- inhibited by Uni and work requirements

  • Practising my place kicking

  • Reading Health & fitness magazines

  • Reading a good book

  • Reading the daily newspaper

That took me a long time to think up. Being able to turn off and relax is essential to surviving the Western world. Everyone should have a go to list that they have really thought about to make sure they know how to relax.


One small drive for car, one seismic leap for the Alpha!


I promised everyone the relaxation segment but today I have made another leaping bound towards the persona and the weight I want to be. I decided to put off the gym from 4pm till later again. This week was disrupted by the very same thinking and usually spells trouble. But tonight I finally got up and went to the gym after watching the Broncos stumble to another loss. I have now completed a majority of my workout program and have strung back to back gym sessions for the first time in years. It was interesting what went through my head when I decided to put it off in the first places. My mind went looking for excuses but I was able to stand back and say "why are you looking for excuses, just do it" Gaining insight into your own mind putting up a roadblock for you is a very good indicator that your psyche has evolved into a better mindset. The rest of the day was also good, another day of perfect diet and more work related accomplishments. I have decided to let me sleep in a bit rather than go for a ride as I am up late due to the gym session. Feeling good, feeling strong, feeling in control. Alpha and Out!

(image from http://www.alumni.umn.edu/sites/d2e2f762-6a18-437f-ad49-168669330020/uploads/Becker.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment