About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Apr 28, 2010

Time for Change...and Focus


After another sleep-in and a seemingly causeless blow-out I am going to change some things.


  • Forget about morning cardio at this stage as it is just giving me too much negativity

  • I am slowly going to condition myself to wake up earlier and earlier until I can try to go back to morning cardio

  • I am going to move my gym time till 9-9:30 pm as I enjoy it most at this time. I enjoy the quietness and it allows me to switch off mentally for the night. It may also help limit my dinner consumption hopefully to the point where I will be able to have a protein shake after training and not exheed 2000 cals.

  • For my cardio I am going to attempt to ride to the gym at night which should give me my targeted hour of work. However just to get into a pattern I will drive the next couple of nights to ensure I do actually go and don't put it off.

Regarding the blow-out today, I have very little thoughts on what led to it. It was at normal snack time and I decided to have an early lunch to allow me to snack at storage. Perhaps it was the breaking of routine. I will try to stick to my more regular schedule. This the second blow-out this week so for punishment I have decided to strip myself of my Sunday "fat meal" for this week. I will still have the rest day as I need some sort of reward and time to heal my niggles. On the bright side my calories burnt should be up for today as I spent 3 hours in storage and am heading to the gym after writing this post. I think I also need to develop a denfense mechanism of when I feel such cravings I need to be able to regain focus and weigh up what I really want and how much I want it. Is the quick fix really worth sacrificing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or in my case the single digit body fat percentage. I will attempt to develop this and will report how I go. Alpha and Out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey every day is a new day! Just a thought while reading your blog, you have lots of things on the go, my suggestion is to focus on one, for example the gym at this point and no excuses every scheduled day for the next week you turn up at the gym at 9-9:30pm and do your work out. Establish the pattern and pat yourself on the back for achieving the goal. If you are not successful revaluate what do you need to change to achieve success of attending the gym on a regular basis and normal part of your life. Glad to hear that you are giving yourself a break from the morning cardio. Just some thoughts hope they help.

    ReplyDelete