About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Apr 12, 2010

The Webcke Momment...I mean Wake-up Momment


Have just returned from a tough game of Oztag. I have returned from Oztag with a wake-up momment. Although I've had a few of these moments, I'm am writing this one down so hopefully it will stick. The momment was near the end of the game played in greasy, wet conditions. The opposition went for the cut out pass and I read it and went for the intercept. Being so unfit I failed to get the ball but instead collided front-on Shane Webcke style. To his credit the opposing player got the ball and went until he was tagged then collapsed. Now to the average 20 year guy, this would be a pretty proud momment considering I was largely unhurt while the other guy was winded on the ground but for me it was one of those momments when you realise you really are unhealthy fat. You see the opposition player was a quite trim winger and he was balled up struggling for air while I carrying a layer of fat came off rather ok. I am now feeling really driven not so I can become a skinny winger but a fit athlete cut to the quick. I want to be able to match my team for speed, for stamina, for play making skills and for strength. And thats basically turning a frown upside down! Hopefully this gives me the fire in the belly to have a fair dinkim crack at being the person I really am, the ALPHA!


A2A Quote of the Week:




Quote from ThinkExist.com, Unknown author, This empitimises how I want this wake up call to kick me into 5th gear.


A2A Tip of the Week:


Create a checklist of all the little things you need and want to do on the basic day so you can cross it off when completed and feel a sense of achievement.


(image from scrum.com)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting read, I really enjoyed your epiphany this morning.

    ReplyDelete