About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Apr 22, 2010

Why! Oh Why!


I walk in the door as I arrive home and am hit with a bombshell. The news is spouting words like "crisis", "cheats", salary cap" and then Melbourne Storm. THis news has left me totally gutted and has put me ina bit of a downer after a great day. As my favourite non-queensland league team I am shocked and disappointed. 2 premierships that I barracked for them gone, this seasons points gone, the Melboure franchise- GONE? Hopefully not but the situation is not bright. The prospect of a season of meaningless games will kill crowds, kill players attitudes and put strain on a franchise in the alien world of AFL land. I have to say again how disappointed, shocked and gutted by this news. The people I feel sorry for the most are the likes of Matt King and especially Will Chambers. Both left the club after they won a premiership. I believe that both of them left for a new challenge after conquering all that lay before them. That has now been stripped off them. It is particularly bad for Will Chambers as he switched codes to rugby union thinking he had made his mark in the NRL. He now hasn't and most likely will never again. Now personally I am against the salary cap as it cheats players of their worth, tests their loyalties to a club and can leave a club in dire straits if one or two of there star recruits get injured as seen on numerous occasions this season. But still the Storm cheated and that cannot be smoothed over. Storm I will continue to support you through this drama but right now am feeling completely gutted by what has happened.


Had a really good day today, perfect diet, made it to the gym, crossed off many items on my daily checklist and can now relax tonight. Feeling really good in myself at the moment and am pumped up to keep improving and chasing down my goals. I was going to speak about how I relax in todays post but the developments with the Storm has dominated my thoughts since hearing the news so I will make the relaxation post tomorrow. Alpha and Out!
(image from thedailytelegraph.com.au)

No comments:

Post a Comment