About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old sports and fitness fanatic from Brisbane, Australia. After a rough couple of years I have descended into the depths of Awkwardness - overweight, stressed out, poor life patterns, shy and next to no self esteem. Well, I am now taking a stand and fighting for my future. And that future is belonging to the "Kingdom of Alpha" as an Alpha male. This means working on my physique, my self confidence, social skills and life direction. Follow me through this trek toward the Kingdom!

Apr 14, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise


While doing my daily calorie calculations tonight I came across a pleasant surprise. You see I have been adding only 200 cals for my energy expediture ontop of exercise. Tonight I wanted to get a rough estimation about what the average person expends in a day. The search however led me to a health calculation site (now listed in A2A Links) which once fed the imperial calcuations of weight, height, age etc read out my estimated calorie expenditure before exercise. Now this being only a website and also an estimation it cannot be relied upon 100% but is definately a good starting point. Anyway it turns out my calorie estimation is 3150.02 cal, quite a jump from 200 cals. This means on all those days I had that little bit more then I should have I was still in a negative difference. While I will continue to strive for 1500 calorie day this surprise has given me more motivation that I can and have been successfully dieting even when I thought I wasn't. Boo-Yah.


On the exercise front I have been crippled for another day due to the whiplash injury in my neck from my Oztag incident. It was so sore today I had to turn my whole body to see if it was safe to cross a street or check my shoulder while driving. It has however settled down and if there is no significant improvement tomorrow I will see a physio. This is particularly annoying as I finally joined a gym today and am itching and chomping at the bit to get stuck into the weights and cardio. Perhaps tomorrow arvo if the neck has settled will be appropriate. A great day just got better. Alpha and Out!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting read how close is your calorie intake to your daily expenditure? You are displaying what you are consuming but not showing the other side of the equation what you are burning and how you are burning the calories. I am interested to see how this is going each day. With 63 days to go are you able to weigh yourself at the gym and show us your current weight each day calories in and expenditure out as the count down is getting closer now. It could be just a simple equation

    ReplyDelete